Wednesday 20 February 2013

YouTube

Right.
I want to make a proper YouTube channel. Although the thought of talking into a camera is very strange, I want to do it. I love watching YouTube videos, I watch everything from Shane Dawson to Zoella, which is quite a big gap! I'm just struggling on what I'd say to the camera, like what genre of videos I'd like to create. But then again, I want to do a range of things, I don't just want one particular genre of videos. I want to be able to entertain people, as well as give people advice on say, beauty/skin care products, I want to be able to do Hauls, reviews, and also Vlogs.
The thing I'm struggling with the most is what I should make my first video about... I was thinking about doing a '50 facts about me' but to be honest, who cares?! and I'm really not that interesting! haha!
But the thing with YouTube is, it's kind of a 'luck of the draw' thing, because only some videos get quite a lot of views, and unfortunately, all of the times I've attempted videos, they get about 10 views, which I'm surprised at cause they were never interesting! But I just would love to know that people are watching and enjoying my videos, I just don't know how to do that! :(

I haven't got proper lighting or amazing make up or a nice face or anything, I would just love for people to be able to watch my videos and not leave half way through because they're bored. My two main inspirations on YouTube are probably Zoella & Shane Dawson, both being so different of course.
(If you haven't checked out these YouTuber's, PLEASE do so!)
Shane Dawson is a pure comedian, and his videos have never failed to entertain me, although lately he's been doing way to many videos so it's not really fun to watch his major videos anymore because he basically publishes every second of his life. The reason I like him because he talks about issues and makes them funny, which is what I would also like to do as well as beauty videos, hauls, reviews, favourite videos ect like Zoella does.

Basically, I'm just a bit confused! I think I need to sit down and write a sketch or something.
I might just do a Lush haul, seeing has I have a lot of Lush stuff that I have recently purchased... Hmm.

I'll attempt it tomorrow me thinks.

Sorry for the dull, lack of smiley post :(




Lots of Love, 



6 comments:

  1. i love having a little nosey on youtube and seeing all the different videos. everyone has to start somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your comment on Zoella's blog post and you seem adorable! As long as your videos look pretty good, I would definitely give it a go. I know absolutely nothing about making YouTube videos, but I'll give you a couple tips you might want to take into consideration based on some I've watched and liked.

    -Having good lighting. This doesn't mean you need professional lights or anything. You can just sit in front of a window. Natural light makes videos 100% better.

    -Edit your videos. Some people just do 1 go, no editing anything out. I like videos that get straight to the point. Of course you can add silly moments at the end, but if there's a moment where you can't find something, or your fixing your hair, edit that out.

    -Don't say "um" a lot. I think one thing that makes professional videos better than others, is that the way they talk. Their sentences flow, they know what they are talking about.

    That's about all I've got but definitely try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh, thank you sooo much for this! it's really helped me!
      thank you for making the effort to write this!

      just, thank you! aha xxxx

      Delete
  3. Please start a youtube channel! You will love it! I use to have one but I stopped because I was worried about people taking the piss and that lool :( But please do it! I'll be sure to watch them and I'm sure it will be great x

    Great blog, will like it now :)

    gracierosee.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aw you shouldn't care what people think of you, if they take the piss, then they're not worth it. do what you like to do!

      Thank you so much! xxxx

      Delete